National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so I know I'm not dreaming... Is 10 cents a round a bargain for .22 LR ammo??? Cause that's what I have to pay up here for those so $100 for a brick (1000)

Used to be 9mm were 10 cents a round :rolleyes:

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
In the states that would to much unless it's match ammo. Bulk is or was .03-.04 cents a round.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew it, even at the best price I can find on the internet we're getting screwed :mad:
I cannot find anywhere that sells by the case (5000)

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
What is ten cents CD to USD? Not too long ago, ammo like CCI Mini Mags cost me .08/ea and Federal Black bulk was about .03

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
AmmoSeek will give you 1000 and even 5000 round sellers.
All ammo is really high now. I have never paid more than $20. For a 500 brick And I won’t.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
locally small town.....on the shelf......
.06 cents for the cheap stuff........ remington thunderbolt
.09 cents for the good stuff....CCi mini mag

all things considered.....i am willing to pay extra for the CCI.....its worth it.....

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I stocked up since the last Obama/Clinton shortage. I've also been afraid to shoot it as strange as it sounds so I still have thousands of rounds. I already told my 22 story so if you already heard it skip it.

I drove to various stores to look for ammo at certain times during the peak of the last shortage and for some reason I went looking one day after work. I think it was Gander Mountain I was at looking at the mostly bare shelves. 9mm gone, 40 gone, 45 gone, 38/357 gone.

I went to the 22 area and the shelves were empty. I was looking at the signs especially the one that said 2 box limit. For some reason I stood there and stared at the empty shelves. The kid at the gun counter could see me and asked if I was looking for 22. I usually do pretty good and keep it to myself but I was thinking here I am looking at empty shelves where the 22 should be. WTF you think I'm looking for DS. I just said yuup staring at the shelves shaking my head. He says to me I think I might have some in the back you want me to check. Again I had to bite my tongue and said something like yea if you don't mind.

He comes back with an OD ammo can then he said yea we have some left. I thought they kept some in an ammo can for some reason then he shows it to me. CCi mini-mag 22LR 1600 rounds. I said how many can I get? He said I could have that one. He might have said he may have another in the back but as we talked I found out it was around $120.00 ( I really don't remember) and I was a little short but had the $120. I took out my phone to do some math and he says 7¢ a round it was actually slightly more but less than 8¢. My eyes popped open when I realized what I stumbled on. I grabbed it and ran before he changed his mind or somebody else came along. I got home and still couldn't believe what I found 16 -- 100 round boxes of mini-mags in a cheap plastic ammo can.

I still have it. I shot some rounds to sample the lot but I keep it in the can as part of a bugout kit.

Reactions: deputy and Kobs

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
I bought my 22 WMR XT. From gander mtn during the last shortage. The sales clerk came out with 2 boxes of ammo. None on the shelf. He said yeah we keep it for when someone buys a gun.

Reactions: fixitfred

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
AmmoSeek will give you 1000 and even 5000 round sellers.
All ammo is really high now. I have never paid more than $20. For a 500 brick And I won’t.
everywhere here it's 6 to 7 bucks for a box of 50 Cabella is selling it's stinger 9$

I'm kind of looking for CCI quiet 700 some Fps it's what I use the most these days and this is the best price in Canada that's $500 for a case o_O

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Yeah I’ve used those and they are a bit more expensive but I consider them to be special use as they are very quiet out of my solvent trap. They will even function in some of my semi autos.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,976 Posts
It has to do with the law of supply and demand.
Since the left has gone
and people have been buying up all the guns and ammo they can get their hands on, the prices have gone up.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
I'm kind of looking for CCI quiet 700 some Fps it's what I use the most these days and this is the best price in Canada that's $500 for a case o_O
So that is 10 cents Canadian per round for something that is not produced in the quantities that most of their other stuff is - I'd grab it if you want quiet ammo

Reactions: Kobs

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
My father uses the quiets for rodent control.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
The last shortage made me go crazy whenever I saw any ammo. I bought up some low vel quiet 22 also. Haven't shot any yet. Got some CB caps too.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I’ve used those and they are a bit more expensive but I consider them to be special use as they are very quiet out of my solvent trap. They will even function in some of my semi autos.
Can't have those solvent traps here, I've tried but for some reason the notice of seizure I got from Canadian customs said "silencer". I could've dared them to screw it on a firearm and shoot it as is out of the package see what kind of silence they would get but I dropped the matter all together, it would've probably cost me a bunch in court fees not to mention annoying visits from the RCMP (fed. police)

Reactions: Stamps6

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Have you tried 22 CB Long from CCi?......it might be flying under the radar enough to be over-looked by many because folks ignore the "Long" aspect.....but it works just fine in bolts, singles, and revolvers. I have used this load for special quiet occasions for years......

i also have a stash of 22 CB Short.....but the longs are easier for me to manipulate.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I have a few boxes of short, you still get the supersonic sound out of those, anything above 900 Fps will not do, I get a few quiets from time to time that goes louder out of the rifle but no supersonic sound. I use them for target practice so no penetration needed although the quiets go like a good inch and a half 2 inches in a 4X4 post
Never tried the CB long but thanks for bringing them up, they do have the same velocity as the quiet. (y)

Edit: no luck they are few and $6 a box of 50

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I have a brick of CB caps but I find that they are all over the place out of my revolver and not very accurate through one of my bolts. They are quiet though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts