National Gun Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the single shot and a 2202 Bolt with the rotary clip. I searched for a while for the clips and finally called Daisy. They said they had a warehouse full of them and sent me a box full for $5.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,618 Posts
That's good to know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I learned to shoot on a Daisy 2203 that my father bought for me as a kid. During a momentary lapse of reason, I sold it, along with an extra clip, at a show this last Sunday. If you are reading this and are the buyer, PLEASE contact me. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is interesting.
I stopped by a pawn shop outside the Navy Commissary this morning in Mayport Fl, and they showed me a Daisy Bolt action.
I thanked them and went shopping.
After replacing brakes on my bike I found this thread in Google.
I called them back and it looks like it's a model 2202, wooden stock.

They're holding it for me. Will be leaving to get it soon.

Thanks for the history and inspiration.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
This was a new one on me. I had heard about the Daisy .22 rifles. Never saw one. This is certainly a KEEPER.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a Daisy 22LR 2202 bolt action it is covered in tape guess they wanted camo the stock is wood from what I can tell but gun does work it has octagon barrel and folding stock pistol grip can you tell me anything about it and what it might be worth. 20160201_212125.jpg 20160201_212624.jpg 20160201_212210.jpg 20160201_212219.jpg 20160201_212151.jpg

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,618 Posts
Daisy made three different rifle models chambered in .22 LR

MODEL 8
22 S, L or LR cal., single shot, 16 in. barrel, black synthetic stock, 30,000 mfg. for Wal-Mart only 1987-88.

LEGACY MODELS 2201/2211
.22 LR cal., single shot, bolt action, plastic (2201) or walnut finished hardwood (2211) stock, models vary in features. Mfg. 1988-1991.

LEGACY MODELS 2202/2212
.22 LR cal., bolt action repeater, 10 shot rotary mag., plastic (2202) or walnut finished hardwood (2212) stock, models vary in features. Mfg. 1988-1991.

Pictures here: https://www.google.com/search?q=Dai...hUKEwjZmaWil9jKAhVM7GMKHYRYDVcQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1

It appears that yours has been "improved" by bubba at some time in its life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the camo tape may be there to cover up however they attached the folding stock to the receiver, because they didn't come from the factory with folding stocks, and the original buttstock covers up a pretty good sized open section of the receiver. And the barrel also looks like it's been cut down, they originally came with a fixed front sight that was part of the octagonal plastic sleeve. I'd say there's no collectors value in your rifle anymore, but a gun is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it! But I say it'd make a pretty good truck gun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought them years ago on my ffl have 22 Legacy bolt repeater need to find a 10 shot rotary daisy magazine as as i am getting old fast am shooting it ,Perrrywolf

·
Aim true !
11,376 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to buy my 1st Daisy 22 cal. rifle and any help as to where to find one for sale would be Greatly appreciated. I would like to start with the Presentation VL series, but I'm not picky on anything but the shape of the rifle. I would like to find new or mint condition if possible.
Am I wasting my time or are they still out there for sale?

Thank you so much for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coalcracker,

Thank you for your information.
If you can think of any other auction sites, that would be great also.

Thank you again,

·
Aim true !
11,376 Posts
YW, :thumbsup:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts