National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows what the minimum force you need to hit a .22lr( rimfire obviously) round is to reliably fire them? I've heard they're pretty sensitive..

·
Registered
652 Posts
They are?
I had some rounds drop on cement (not blacktop now) and one blew up a lot of years back.
Not my idea of fun.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
They are not that sensitive. When I was young my brother and I use to smack 22 shells dumped on the sidewalk with a hammer,sometimes it took two or three whacks.Our fun ended when a chunk of one of cases went through my brothers bicep.Neither of us sat comfortably for a long time after Dad got through.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
They are not that sensitive. When I was young my brother and I use to smack 22 shells dumped on the sidewalk with a hammer,sometimes it took two or three whacks.Our fun ended when a chunk of one of cases went through my brothers bicep.Neither of us sat comfortably for a long time after Dad got through.
IMO,of course

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yes, some fell after rolling off my tailgate of my truck on to concrete and we got a real surprise. nobody hurt, but lessons learned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts