National Gun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to purchase a .22 caliber pistol, because .45 ammo ain't cheap. This is something that I would just use to plink with. Any suggestions?

G

·
Have you looked to see if there is a conversion for the barrel to 22. I know I have seen them for 1911 and ARs. But on the side of a good plinker a friend has a walther p22 with a silencer on it, it shoots realy good.

G

·
:cool: Just like Baldy says, the Ruger MK 11, is first cabin !!

--

--With some minor changes ,to the SS MK 11 it is (light) maintenance and target ready, even has a kit to make disesembly a snap--

-- :--- :--- --JIMBO

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I agree with the Ruger suggestions. For the money they are hard to beat. Cheap, accurate and utterly reliable. I have three, and would recommend the 5.5", stainless bull barrel model for good looks, dual purpose and longevity. They are target quality in the accuracy department.

Not fun to tear down and clean but once you get the drill mastered its not too bad.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Ruger MkIII would be first choice IMO. Also, when funds allow, Ciener makes .22 RF conversions for 1911-style pistols. They're fun to shoot, but they are of questionable value for practice since they have virtually no recoil.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I've got a Mark II and love it.

Also have a little Phoenix, definately not a target gun, but a fun size for a .22

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I'll go see if my gun store has one. I bet they do though, they have an incredibly large selection. I'll have to leave my credit card home though, so I am not tempted to buy something with money I don't have. :twisted: I'll have to get it when I get paid the 15th.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so I just got home from the shooting range/gun store. It's $250 for a Ruger mk II. That is very affordable and taking all of my will power to not consider this "emergency" enough to use my credit card.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
That sounds like a fair price.

And you can't beat the cost of .22 ammo.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Come on Mr Cake your a youngman go for it but don't ever sell it because you will regret it someday. Good luck. :-B-:

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is quite the wrong response. I think I'll end up with it tomorrow.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, I've slept on it, and let my better sense get a hold of me. I'm going to wait to buy a Ruger Mk II when I can pay for it with money I have. I have a friend who charged all his guns to his credit card, and ended up having to sell every last one of them because he couldn't make the credit card bills. I don't want to end up like that. So, unfortunatly, I have to wait to get it.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Good call, buddy.

Pay as you go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts