National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Aim true !
14,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah crazy. I looked at other listings too. They are running them up. I had someone on castboolits ask me if i wanted to sell some primers. I kindly declined.

· Registered
17,521 Posts
I try to keep at least 3k of each type i use. Sm Pistol, Lg pistol, Sm rifle, Lg rifle and 209. I also have a couple thousand various mag primers as well. I should stop at my LGS this week and see what they have and maybe pick up some more. sure glad i keep myself stocked and have plenty already loaded as there is no way i would pay those kind of prices.

Reactions: Coalcracker

· Registered
8,425 Posts
But if you do not have any and might not ever be able to get any in the near future, then it is worth the price asked and agreed upon.

Reactions: fixitfred

· Registered
6,726 Posts
with the cost/ship/hazmat.....one might be better off just buying ammo and decapping for primers if you just have to build your own.........at least you would get some brass out of it as well as primers and bullets.....

· Registered
4,400 Posts
I think the seller also needs a hazmat license.
I think you need to just fulfill the requirements to ship it.

Proper packaging, paperwork, labeling, and fee's.

My knowledge of DG, What we called it at FedEx (dangerous goods), is very limited but at one time I almost knew what I was talking about. I fixed computers and shipping equipment so every once in a while I'd run into a customer with equipment issues related to DG. Like printers not printing out what they should or sotware questions so I picked up some info on the periphery. I could simulate shipping DG from start to finish to make sure everything was working properly. Not even sure I could tell you now about ORM-D or other terms I learned some 10-15 years later.

Reactions: Coalcracker
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.