National Gun Forum banner

2 New Savage .308's

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  44mag Lover 
#1 ·

A Model 12 F-TR, and a Model 10 FP, both are in .308. Now the fun begins with scope and mount selection, along with putting it all together. I've got some .308 handloads, but I've got nothing but time to hit the press and try and come up with some type of meal they'll both like. I won't be doing any serious shooting with either of them until the Fall when these temperatures break a little. I've got high hopes for the both of these guns, and they are the first Savage bolt guns I have bought. In all of the years I've been seeing them at the range, I really haven't seen a bad one, or an unhappy owner for that matter. Bill T.

See less See more
#3 ·
It is a little different. Savage made the ejection port smaller on the 12F/TR to keep the action as stiff as possible. It looks a bit like the Stolle Benchrest Action. Bill T.

#6 ·
Beautiful pair, you've got there. I really like Savages - best bang for the buck - excellent accuracy. I've very seldom heard a negative comment about Savages - from people who have acually owned and shot them, other than the triggers were a bit on the down side - but that has been corrected with the new trigger set-ups. I have a 93 in .22mag, and it is the most consistently accurate rifle I own. Can't wait to see some range reports!!!!!

#7 ·
I hope to have them scoped out and range ready by the fall. Much too hot here to do any serious shooting. 115 today, and all of next week. Once the weather breaks and things cool down a bit, I'll be giving both of them a good wringing out. Bill T.

G
#11 ·
i only own one savage a model 99 in .300 savage.it was my grandfathers gun and he refused to put a scope on it so i've honored his wishes and have only iron sights. accurate weapon though.i take it hunting once every couple of years for nostalgia.

#14 ·
not to be rude, im just curious..... why did you by to guns made by the same gun maker in the same caliber?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.