• Why Haven't They Thought Of This Already?? This Would Work Beautifully

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jockey On Ya Back
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simple Thread.

Would a double length trigger to increase fire rate like the ones in paintball be usable/practical on a real gun, like say an AR-15?

Something along the lines of this, maybe reformed a bit ((and of-course made out of proper materials))​

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Would be great for burning through ammo real fast. My fear is that the recoil will cause the gun to bump fire multiple shots a lot due to the extra long trigger and light trigger pull.

·
Super Moderator
5,829 Posts
Simple Thread.

Would a double length trigger to increase fire rate like the ones in paintball be usable/practical on a real gun, like say an AR-15?

Something along the lines of this, maybe reformed a bit ((and of-course made out of proper materials))​

What were you taught in learning how to shoot a firearm?​

·
Super Moderator
5,829 Posts
Um yes I do. No one wants to see or hear about people getting hurt if we can get the information out there. I don't beat around the bush or sugar coat things trying to make people all happy under a rainbow petting unicorns. I'm not a politician trying to get what he and his party wants.
Having full control of your firearm is utmost important, much more than how many rounds that you can fire out of it with a "paint ball" trigger.
Good to know the three basic fundamentals for safe firearm handling: 1) Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot, 2) Always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction, 3) Always keep the firearm unloaded until ready to use.
The paint ball trigger is brought up every now and then on forums and if it was a viable way to shoot then the military and police depts. would be in full use of it. There is a reason why they are not using them and neither are the people experienced in shooting. I'll let you try and think about the notion of a paint ball trigger again. As a matter of fact there is a thread on here about the using of a paint ball trigger for an AR15. The novelty of having a paint ball trigger on a firearm is just that, a novelty item. Make a long story short its useless on a firearm (pistol or rifle) taking up way to much space to the point of getting in the way, you have a huge potential for an accidental discharge when the safety is off (if it has a safety), Loss of firearm control and handling, and a firearm is not a toy. Hope this helps.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
I Don't Know If It'll Work Or Not, But I Think It's Kinda dumb
I know it won't work and I know its a childish and an extremely dangerous, to the point of stupidity, idea.

This is not to say that you are childish or stupid for asking. Asking questions is the best way to learn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts