National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a very good condition, matching numbers 1903- (i think its an A1) Springfield (1923 MFG) that I would love to put a WW2 era scope on, but I have several questions/concerns. Should I do it? Would it ruin the value of the gun by mounting one that doesn't match numbers with the rest of the rifle? Are there options for a no-drill mount?

Looking for suggestions on where I can get a scope and mount, as well as an estimate on what the cost would be to have it mounted by a gunsmith if it wouldn't harm the value. I love this rifle, and would hate to ruin it. I think it would look great with a period scope, but I don't whether I should do it or not

I have posted pictures of the rifle in a previous post if anyone would like to see it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes if the rifle is a 1903A1.

See here... what makes a 1903A1
My serial number is 126*. After the 120* number he gave in that link. What would determine if it is an A1 or not? I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what to look for. A friend of mine told me he thinks it's an A1 based on the stock. What's the difference in price between an A1 and a standard A3? I don't plan to sell this thing, but it would be nice to know exactly what I have.

I can take better pictures of the stock and bolt if it would help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts