National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Last Stand on Earth
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I’d never thought I’d see the day when 1911s were in short supply. I’ve been to a couple online retailers looking for a specific 1911 and was shocked to see no 1911s in stock at all. Of all places, Buds was completely out. None at all. This is nuts.

Thankfully, the local stores have a handful to choose from. Unfortunately, those pickings are few but a few is better than none.

· Registered
173 Posts
Probably because they’re not “high capacity” and they are of a formidable caliber.

One thing you’ll run into is that brass ammunition is uber expensive. Steel cased is around $450 for 1000. Brass cased ammunition can get up to $800.

I reload and even that was expensive. $200 for 1000 bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Premium Member
9,922 Posts
I wouldn’t buy anything unless I needed it right now. My son has two purchase permits burning a hole in his pocket and with prices And availability what they are, he’s hitting some dead ends. He wanted a Sig 365 but the final number would be around $850. For a gun that should be about $500.

· Registered
881 Posts
I just bought three guns, ironically because of the ammo shortage. I had a bunch of 7.62 NATO and .22 LR from my competition days, but no longer had guns to shoot them with. I bought two nice, but lower priced rifles that would handle them. My main pistol calibers are .380, .38 and .45, but those are getting hard to find around here. But I had several boxes of 9mm from a gun I traded off and you can still find 9mm around here. So I bought a Shield that was on sale, just to have a nine.

I thought if there are social problems around here or the ammo shortage gets worse, it would be dumb to have a bunch of ammo and nothing to shoot it with It's really a switch to be buying guns to fit the ammo you can get, rather than the other way around.

· Last Stand on Earth
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rural King and Farm and Home Supply are some of the few stores that aren’t price gouging customers. I went into Scheels a couple days ago and $20/50rds of 9mm ball. Same was 10.99 at RK. Same situation last week at F&H. Gun prices have only changed slightly to make up for distributors prices. You can still get a good deal at those 2 places if it’s in stock.

· Registered
54 Posts
There are at least 2 Sig P365, 2 Ruger LCP, and another Ruger 9mm coming up for auction at Reata Pass auctions in October 24, 25 & 26. The catalog probably won't be online until around the first of Oct. Here is a link to their website: Home - Reata Pass Auctions I can recommend them as I have done a fair amount of business with them (purchases only). Online can be done with Proxibid and a couple of others, I have only used Proxibid so they are the only one I can recommend. I have no connection with this business other than as a customer.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.