National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some new grips to try out on my 45. There Ergo Grip brand, hard plastic and heavily textured. There is quite a bit more traction than the standard wood/checkered grip that I prefer. If you like a rock solid grip this might be for you, however one drawback could be that if you get a poor firing grip, readjusting isnt as easy with all that texture. When I ordered these, I thought they were heavily textured rubber, not hard plastic, We'll see if they stay.

I also have some of the Hogue brand rubber grips on my 10mm, as you can see, they have finger grooves. They have a good amount of grip, and the finger grooves help with the recoil of the 10, but just dont seem to feel right by adding bulk to the grip. Again, I would prefer to have some aggressive checkering and nice looking wood grips. As far as checkering goes I have 20 and 30 lpi cut on different guns and like the 20 better; it provides a very solid grip.

Asthetically, I prefer bone or stag with wood a close second.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
I really like those Hogue grips, but you're right: they add too much bulk! On a handgun which already has a large grip (for my girlie-hands) it makes it even bigger, and uncomfortable. It's about time manufacturers started paying attention to the female gun-owning population. We like nice stuff too............. I really want red grips! :mrgreen:

G

·
Back when I still carried a 1911, I'd settled on the "thin grips." Any of several makers are good: McCormick, Alumagrips, etc. I liked the thin grips because they made the gun more "pointable" for me, reduced the grip circumference, and made the gun a little flatter and more concealable.

The rosewood McCormick thin grips also look good, at least to my eyes, though I am very much a "form follows function" kind of guy. I'd still have used them even if they looked like ass.

G

·
I like the hogue grips a lot, they fit my hand well and give a solid hold on the pistol. Good for a defensive posture, I would think!

All the Rosewood, Alum, stag, etc are purddy, but I'll take the ones that I can hang onto better!
My 2 cents!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldnt put rubber or highly textured grips on a carry gun, you run the risk of your clothing snagging on the grip.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
SheNine said:
I really like those Hogue grips, but you're right: they add too much bulk! On a handgun which already has a large grip (for my girlie-hands) it makes it even bigger, and uncomfortable. It's about time manufacturers started paying attention to the female gun-owning population. We like nice stuff too............. I really want red grips! :mrgreen:
Don't you mean Pink? Ha Ha.
My gunsmith had a set of 1911 grips like these that were darn near red the other day. They were rosewood I think.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Those are nice~!! But no pink!!! I want red. My P-01 is black so I think bright red grips would look awesome!!!! I know, I'm weird....... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
SheNine said:
Those are nice~!! But no pink!!! I want red. My P-01 is black so I think bright red grips would look awesome!!!! I know, I'm weird....... ;)
You might get some red plastic dye at your local R/C shop.
Now, as far as the weird part goes, your probably not that bad off! :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts