National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
16,595 Posts
Arms makers seldom refrain from imitating the latest greatest design. One simple change to the firing pin fixed the lawsuit.

Having used both types I have some preferences... In my opinion the Springfield is the vastly superior weapon. For a hunting rifle I prefer the Mauser...

The Springfield is fast, the bolt can be cycled effortlessly and the sights are easier for me to acquire. There is a lot of hollow in the Springfield and a lot of noise in cycling the bolt.

The Mauser is tight, good fit of metal to wood, and I think, generally, the trigger is a bit better. But, the sights are darn near hidden.

With that said,

I have a number of custom rifles built on both actions and I have no preference one over the other on those other than that the 03 actions are finished to a greater degree than the 03A3s...

Alan

Reactions: Popeye

· Super Moderator
16,595 Posts
They are all 03s... The 03A3 had an aperture rear sight and some other differences.

As most likely know, firing a 30-06 round in a 30-03 rifle is extremely dangerous. I used to know the reason for the change to a 308 bullet, but it's late and I forgot...

Alan

Reactions: Oldoutlaw

· Super Moderator
16,595 Posts
Yes, 9:30 is late....

Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts