National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first post on this forum.
I have a wall hanging 1889 side by side 12 gauge. As I said it a wall hanger but has been past down to me from my father and from his father and his father.
This was knocked off of its hanger and broke the stock before I got it. I will never sell it as it was my great great grand dads. He bought this new in 1890. The stock is broken and half of the rear stock is missing or I would pin it and glue it. However this is not an option for me as I don't have that missing piece. What I need is a source to get a replacement rear stock. It will not need to be a great stock even a slight crack would be fine as this will only be a display piece. Thank you. Chuck.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Who (what company) made your shotgun?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect thank you sir. I appreciate your time on this. I just want to display my haritage and to make it look like the proud piece that it is. Thanks. Chuck.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
You are quite welcome.

You may want to engage the services of an experienced person to put your shotgun together. There are tricks of the trade not obvious to the uninitiated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you I do wood working and took this one apart and it i can find the clue to stock I will be able to reinstall. I do very fine inlays and as I said if I had had the missing half of the butt of the stock I would have just used dowels and pinned it together. I am very good with fine wood working and even drew out a pattern from the old stock to cut it out of English walnut but thought if an old stock is avaliable I would just get it to keep it looking original. I can even do the checkering if needed. I can install it with no problem. Thank you. Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts