National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
It's Just My 2¢
5,118 Posts
I had one a very long time ago. Got it from Kmart for $35
I kept it in the car when I went hunting for the occasional Grouse.
Seems like a lot for that particular shotgun.
I'd look at Mossberg 500s or the equivalent.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I'll just answer this in a nutshell ... Yes .... if you have your heart set on a single shot , H&R is simple and reliable or if you have the time you could look at some of the stuff that New England Firearms has .
or for the same money you could get a pump-action , just sayin .

Good luck and good shooting .

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
H&R is one of the few left still building a utilitarian single shot........and it is a good brand.

they have several models to chose from in various gauges

H&R Topper® Shotgun

H&R Pardner® Youth

H&R Tamer

unless you just need a fixed full choke, a modified or IC choke might be more flexable. They even offer a screw in choke model.

Rossi/Braztech offers a utility single shot but know nothing about the quality. There are many more options available to you on the used market. Visit a gun shop or a pawn shop and look at 2nd hand guns.....often at half the price of retail. You will find some H&R as well as Savage/stevens, russian Baikal, and more.

a light weight 12 will thump the shoulder hard.........a 20 gauge might be worth looking in to.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If I am not mistaken you can spend a lot on single shot shotguns used for trap. I bought one for around $ 250+ but then found out that I didn't have the patience to be worth a damn so I traded it to a guy for a pump shotgun.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.