National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just letting you guys know that tomorrow I'm officially an adult. I can buy long guns. :mrgreen: Just giving you all a heads up because tomorrow I most likely will be too busy with my birthday festivities to come online and post. :i:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Happy Birthday!

Only going to make one suggestion; what ever you buy as your first weapon, never, ever get rid of it.
It will provide memories as you get older.

I still own the first handgun I ever purchased (S&W Mod 59), the first rifle and shotgun I was ever given (.22 single shot Sears and a 20 guage Stevens). I recently passed down the .22 to our 10 year old son.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
761 Posts
With the age comes the responsibility. Good luck. Take help from anywhere you can find it.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Happy birthday young man! Number 18 is a big deal, enjoy it! Next fun birthday is 21, thats when you ge t to rock and roll! ;) ;)

·
Registered
761 Posts
sig232 said:
Happy birthday young man! Number 18 is a big deal, enjoy it! Next fun birthday is 21, thats when you ge t to rock and roll! ;) ;)

After that, the only thing you have to look forward to is retirement. Ask Sig about that.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Zulu7 said:
sig232 said:
Happy birthday young man! Number 18 is a big deal, enjoy it! Next fun birthday is 21, that's when you get to rock and roll! ;) ;)

After that, the only thing you have to look forward to is retirement. Ask Sig about that.

Yea, a 44 year gap in your life until you hit 65! Hell my 40th birthday party was one of the best I ever had, 50 and 60 were not bad either. Lots of fun stuff in between. Life is a lot of fun make sure you live for the moment and enjoy it all.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I thought I was a man at 18...hahaha boy was I wrong. I turned into a man in the Army age 19-22, got discharged one month before my 23rd birthday.
Served from '67-'70. Now I'm looking forward to retirement in a few years.
Anyway...happy B'day.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
I thought I was a man at 18...hahaha boy was I wrong.
Really? I was a man at conception. Too bad we can't buy Maser a Corona...you can go to war, prison, pay taxes and be fully responsible for what you do in life, but you can't have a brewski for 3 more years...ridiculous. At least so the law goes anyway. Take care and be safe on your b-day.

G

·
Hope you had a happy birthday- the best is yet to come!
Actually, in GA, you can legally possess a handgun, just can't buy it or get a concealed carry. Hope the law is the same where you live.

·
Registered
569 Posts
SatanzBountyHunter said:
I thought I was a man at 18...hahaha boy was I wrong.
Really? I was a man at conception. Too bad we can't buy Maser a Corona...you can go to war, prison, pay taxes and be fully responsible for what you do in life, but you can't have a brewski for 3 more years...ridiculous. At least so the law goes anyway. Take care and be safe on your b-day.
We could drink beer at 18 on base in the Army.

·
Banned
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey thanks guys for the birthday wishes. Yeah, it does suck that at age 18 I can't drink here. Ever since I turned 17, I had been planning my 18th birthday. I planned on spending a week down in Puerto Vallarta. And the drinking age there is 18. :D However, today was not what I had expected. My girlfriend, son, and I spent like 3 hours debating on what we wanted to do. We decided to just go out for dinner at Applebees. Oh well, I'm not complaining much. I couldn't have much of a party anyways seeing as I have to work early tomorrow.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Maser said:
Hey thanks guys for the birthday wishes. Yeah, it does suck that at age 18 I can't drink here. Ever since I turned 17, I had been planning my 18th birthday. I planned on spending a week down in Puerto Vallarta. And the drinking age there is 18. :D However, today was not what I had expected. My girlfriend, son, and I spent like 3 hours debating on what we wanted to do. We decided to just go out for dinner at Applebees. Oh well, I'm not complaining much. I couldn't have much of a party anyways seeing as I have to work early tomorrow.
Party this weekend, that's what my sons do if their b'day falls on a weekday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts