National Gun Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
So to sum up st this time .... cops wait an hour before going in. First cops shot at him after he opened fire on people trying to help him, when he crashed his car. Where the RSO of that school ran out to help thinking it was just a crash victim. Perp ran and jumped a fence to a school and found an unlocked door to the school, went inside and did this sick thing. All the while cops tazing, pepper spraying and handcuffing parents trying to help get their children out (from Waters). Cops yelling to kids asking where they are and if they need help then the kids getting shot by the shooter. Yep good move there. (sarcasm) Border patrol agent gets text from wife and daughter saying help. For some reason grabs the barbers shotgun (why didn’t this border patrol agent have a side arm on him - don’t know) goes to school and now he’s saving the day. Lots of WTF here with waiting, tazing/pepper spraying parents, and then letting the BP agent do his thing with help from the cops..... YET its the NRA’s, the guns, the gun manufactures, the Firearm owners, Right Wing, Conservatives, and Republicans fault that this guy killed these children. Same as in Sandy Hook and Parkland ...and how many others? Cops stood by and did nothing. Yet its the guns fault its the 2A's fault...riiigght. The Pravda Media says he ran into the school with a pistol and rifle and had between 22 to 58 magazines (depending on which pravda news you read or listen too), now not for nothing...there's some weight and bulk issue going on. Must of had those 80's reebok pump sneakers all pumped up to jump over fences. (sarcasm)

Now they want to raise the age to buy a rifle to 21. Ok seeing these are the same people who say children's brains are not developed until they are 25 and it ok for a 5, 10, 12, 16 year old (brains not developed ...right?) who has the right to chop off mr. winky or get her breasts removed so it would seem we should raise the voting age as well to 25. Seeing their brains are not yet developed....seems most of the left, democrats and lib/progs are in this frame of mind as well with their brains not developed yet.

Rant off.

If I'm missing something or this is not right please feel free to right my summary and I will.

Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Same thing as Parkland, they were afraid of getting shot. They're in the wrong business, go wait tables or something. How anyone in law enforcement can stand by and listen to kids being gunned down and just stand by is beyond me.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
CBP officer Jacob Albarado runs into Uvalde school with barber's shotgun to save daughter (nypost.com)

An off-duty US Customs and Border Protection agent fearlessly rushed into Robb Elementary School with his barber’s shotgun and rescued dozens of children and his daughter after his wife texted him that there was an active shooter.

Jacob Albarado had just sat down for a haircut when he received the horrifying message from his wife, Trisha, a fourth-grade teacher at the Uvalde, Texas, elementary school, he told the New York Times.

“There’s an active shooter,” she wrote. “Help,” she sent before sending a chilling: “I love you.”

He immediately leaped out of his seat, grabbed the barber’s shotgun and sped off toward the school.

His daughter, a second-grader, was locked inside a bathroom while his wife hid under desks with her students, the Times reported.

In another wing of the school, 18-year-old crazed gunman Salvador Ramos had opened fire and ultimately murdered 19 children and two teachers.

A tactical team was preparing to enter the school when Albarado arrived. Desperate to get his daughter and wife out, he made a plan with other officers to try to enter the school and evacuate as many students as possible.

He said he entered the wing of the school where he knew his daughter was located, and as he searched for her, began “clearing all the classes in her wing,” he told the Times.

Two officers with guns drawn provided cover while two others guided dozens of “hysterical” children and teachers out to the sidewalk, he said.

When Albarado finally saw his 8-year-old daughter, Jayda, they embraced, but he kept moving forward to bring more students to safety.

“I did what I was trained to do,” Albarado told the paper.

In a Facebook post just after midnight Wednesday morning, Albarado said one of his daughter’s teammates and friends was among the 19 students who were killed.

“I’m so angry, saddened and grateful all at once. Only time will heal their pain and hopefully changes will be made at all schools in the U.S. and teachers will be trained & allowed to carry in order to protect themselves and students,” he wrote.

·
Registered
16,768 Posts
I got halfway through that video. All those cops with rifles and none of them inside engaging the shooter. I thought SOP was to get in as fast as you could to engage the shooter to save lives plus the fact that many shooters kill themselves when police confront them because they are spinless cowards. I have the upmost respect for most law enforcement but it has been dwindling and this certainly dropped it down another few notches. I just can't believe they wouldnt go in there and do everything or anything possible to stop this.

·
Registered
16,768 Posts
Just one more thing to add. Every single school i have ever been to has windows in every single class room. This school appeared no different. Did no one go to the outside of the classroom to look inside to see what was happening or happened to those kids? Even from a distance with some binoculars?

Reactions: underdog

·
Super Moderator
13,818 Posts
Even basic academy training for active shooter situations taught us that we go in immediately. No waiting for backup, just go in.

So much about this that is f&*$ed up beyond all recognition.

--Wag--

·
Premium Member
9,272 Posts
Well to be fair it was dangerous to run in there and get the shooter. He had a gun and could have shot one of those civil service job cops. It’s not in the job description to actually try to stop this sort of thing. It’s more of a clean up and take statements job. Disgusting.
I know for a fact that two of three cops advancing on a barricaded person can advance while taking turns shooting to keep the shooters head down is a effective tactic. Yeah it takes balls but there’s innocent Children’s lives at stake. Unarmed parents could have over whelmed the shooter in a sacrificial charge and I doubt any of those parents would have hesitated.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Drove 40 miles, got handcuffed, then jumped a fence and got her 2 kids out of the school.
Meanwhile 19 cops were waiting outside the class where the gunman was not doing anything.
This is not going to look pretty after a complete and thorough investigation.

Reactions: Oldoutlaw

·
Registered
16,768 Posts
Never get between a mama bear and her cubs. Many people have those same instincts...Great job mom!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,104 Posts
The Uvalde Police Department and the Uvalde Independent School District police force are no longer cooperating with the Texas Department of Public Safety's investigation into the massacre at Robb Elementary School and the state's review of the law enforcement response, multiple law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

• Angry
Reactions: Wag

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
29,457 Posts
When people stop cooperating with the police, according to the police that mean they have something to hide. Karma is a biotch.

·
Registered
21,209 Posts
"How anyone in law enforcement can stand by and listen to kids being gunned down and just stand by is beyond me."

Probably because the "pay & benefits" of the job are more than they have ever realized, and the self-assessed value of their own lives prevented them from sucking it up and acting like men.

I can well appreciate the above feelings and considerations - knowingylt walking into a gunfight - but all of that should have been personally resolved internally by each guy before pinning on that badge, strapping up, and taking that pay-check.

Something significant is seriously lacking in those particular "leo's". It showed in their inaction and during the press conferences.

·
Super Moderator
15,957 Posts
The outside doors weren't locked. Why would they expect the inside doors to be locked...?

This is pretty much a Cluster from start to finish..

Alan

Reactions: Stamps6
41 - 59 of 59 Posts