National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... t=22164010

Does anyone have any experience with this one? It's got 120 inches, (10 feet),of elevation adjustment at 100 yards, and looks to be a much better choice than a tapered base for long range shooting. A lot of the higher power scopes don't have much in the way of elevation adjustment, this would solve that issue. It's all steel, and looks to be very well made. It also allows for a good deal of windage adjustment. The problem with any type of tapered base is once installed, you are committed to a long range zero. This gives you the option of a constant zero from 100, to past 1,000 yards. I just wondered if anyone has one, or has seen one in use. Bill T.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've got three of them. They work as advertized and I think they are great. If you ever need a ranging system, take a look at the CamArt series from Leatherwood. They work great too and they also have a quick disconnect system for the CamArt which allows you to take the scope off and put it back on without having to resight the rifle. Works every time so far. I've never been disappointed with any of Jims stuff.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you explain their construction and operation a bit? Is the wheel a type of cam on a roller bearing? How is the adjustment graduated? Is the unit under spring tension while it's adjusted? How does it hold zero? I'm seriously thinking about setting up a Bushmaster Varminter, and a Savage .308 with one each. Thanks, Bill T.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only thing that concerns me about this mount is the weight of the whole combined set up. The unit weighs close to, if not over 2 pounds. Add to that the weight of the steel Picitinny Rail it's attached to, along with the weight of the scope, (up to 24 ounces depending on model), and your looking at over 4 pounds. Thats a lot of weight to be held by the 4 small receiver screws the whole thing is attached to a bolt action gun with. On a flat top AR-15, or Springfield SOCOM II it wouldn't be an issue, but with standard bolt actions it might. Especially in the .30 caliber rifles of .308 and up. I'm a bit concerned about the screws shearing off in recoil. Does anyone know the weight limit for a standard 4 screw bolt action scope/mount set up?? Bill T.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts