National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there.I am still stumbling around on this computer,can't type at all,but wanted to ask you experts a question.Even though in my state,a rifle is the way to hunt deer,I want to take my next deer with a shotgun.I got plenty of 12 gauges that would do the job,but I want a 10 gauge double,side by side or o/u,makes no difference.Can anyone help me,I haven't seen to many.Thank. Doc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A 10 guage double would be the ultimate punishment to the body. I've shot one. Never again.
The only reason for a 10 is to shoot geese. They make good gas operated semi autos to lessen the recoil.
This is just my opinion, after 65 years of life, after 55 years of hunting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah,I have have shot a single shot 10 ga.,but pretty much made up my mind,wanna get me a 10 gauge double.Thanks for your reply and lookin out for my shoulder though. Doc.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I shot one when I was very young, around I think.
I was out hunting with my uncle and cousin. He had an old goose gun from his father's collection.
Quite a kick, I must say. Kinda like shooting these canons some call handguns.
Not very pleasant.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shot 10 shells through my 10 gauge Ithica yesterday & it hurts the shoulder. The Ithica is about 4 1/2 feet tall and weighs 14 pounds & still kicks twice as hard as a 12 gauge. I couldn't imagine the kick of a shorter/lighter 10 guage, I would guess it would be very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yes sometimes lighter does not work well.
My wife and I have a couple of the little P3ATs. Nice pocket gun for a .380 but at 13.2 ounces loaded they kick pretty good. Not a good gun for plinking but it works for what it was intended for.
I have seen some pretty light .357 mags out there. I would not want to shoot them either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts