·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aka "Guns, alcohol and cats don't mix"

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...10/detail.html

Man Blames Cat After Gun Fires
Cat Euthanized After Shooting

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A New Hampshire man has been charged with a felony after he first told police that his cat had accidentally shot itself.

Nicholas Goroff, 24, told officers the cat had knocked over a shotgun, causing it to fire. But beer cans in his apartment and the smell of alcohol on his breath, caused police to question his story.

Eventually, he told police he had pulled the hammer back on the gun and while attempting to release it his thumb slipped and the gun fired. A round hit the cat.

The cat had to be euthanized and Goroff faces charges of felony reckless conduct.

Police said they found a hole from the slug in the floor of Goroff's apartment. They said the round traveled in the direction of another apartment in the building, putting others at risk.

Goroff was arraigned in Manchester District Court on Friday and faces another court hearing Aug. 23.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Yikes! Guns and booze are like gas and water. Don't mix well!

Apartments are not a good place to play with firearms. Too many neighbors will become alarmed if they see you with guns, know your are playing with them in the place, are aware that you reload in the apartment, and if you make a mistake and pop off a round you are in big trouble. Not so if you do it in a private home!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
eXXit said:
U dont drink a thing but NON alcoholic Bevs until there cleaned and Away( I almost sound Mature dont I?)

Yep, you are displaying a bit of wisdom in that statement! :)

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
eXXit said:
U dont drink a thing but NON alcoholic Bevs until there cleaned and Away( I almost sound Mature dont I?)
Don't worry, Buddy, your secret's safe with us!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Back a hundred years ago when I still thought a lot of things were funny; I was at a friend's house in Cheyenne, he was reloading some cartridges, drinking a beer and smoking,,,,he laid his cigarette down on the edge of his work bench and the whole thing went up in puff of smoke, no fire to speak of, just smoke.....it was funny, sort of like a movie,,,,he was so disgusted with himself. Apparellty he spilled a small quantity of powder on the table and laid his cigarette in it. Luckily the main powder can and open cartridges didn't go...

I have got older and wiser about such things, no alcohol and guns, period....besides, it's against the law now....

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
When I was a Small Arms Instr in the AF, back a hundred yrs ago, we had one boss who would occasionally show up to work hung over. Lots of fun to watch him, once we got 20-25 M16 shooters on the line going.

G

·
hey guys. the really bad thing about a story like this is how it plays out in the media.once they get done with the drunk , stupid,idiotic gun owner thing, then the humane society , spca and any other CONCERNED group has they're kick at the can. net result? we're all lumped together as a bunch of beer swilling, shoot at anything that moves, nut cases. sound crazy? sure it is , but do you know how many people out there believe everything they read and hear and see in the media? A LOT!pblsyd

G

·
A few Buddies and me smoked fat joint before going on patrol.I was the first man on the right of a diamond formation.A VC AK came up out of the razor grass,training at me,I yelled GOOOOK and went to fire on him.My M16 didn't fire,being stoned I forgot to charge,her when heading out on patrol.The next man on my left waxed the **** good,I took the 7.62x39 round out of the AK that was meant for me,and still have it today.Lesson learned in Spades drugs,booze,guns no-no.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Disregard.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Don't know whether it was any more juvenile than the one it was replying to, but you are right that it was unnecessary. My apologies. :oops:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Naw, I don't do that stuff...much...lately...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts