Debate attempt - Page 2
Advertise with us Click for Rates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Debate attempt

  1. #11
    Senior Member NGF Addict! larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Siplace, Don't get me wrong I will vote for Trump. (on the hope that I am wrong. see above^^).

    It is a shame that we have come to this in the Republican party. But when things go down hill it's hard to stop them until you hit the bottom. Then you can start your way back up. Just not sure how steep of a hill we are on.
    Training is for the times when TALENT are not enough!

    Pick One And Practice

    Remember that Amateurs Built the Ark.
    But it was Professionals that built the Titanic.
    Dr. Ben Carson.

    “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen Mattis.


  2. #12
    Ancient Gaseous Emanation Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sacramento area, CA
    Posts
    53,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siplace View Post
    Do you like where we are and where this country is going? To a man Rebublicans will tell you that Obama care is not a good solution, but we still have it. The Republican establishment has caved and gone along to get along with the progressives doing nothing to make conservative values the rule of the day.
    You are aware that obamacare was overturned, defunded, killed by the GOP. Aren't you? The O-Hole vetoed the bill and since it takes a two-thirds majority to override a President's veto there weren't enough votes in the Senate to override his veto.

    Show me one point in Trumps platform that does not support conservative America first ideals.
    Dunno if these fall into "America First" ideals but they sure ain't conservative.

    Trump has called for removal of the Republican Party plank against abortion.

    Trump has called for a nationwide, government-run, single payer, socialized medicine scheme.
    rdc0311 and Rivervalley0311 like this.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.

  3. #13
    Senior Member NGF Addict!
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    17,992

    Default

    Still doesn't even approach "close" to get me to vote for Hillary. She has proven to be 10 times the villain that Trump has been and she has effected negatively, lethally, and both nationally and internationally, too many situations in which she has been wrong and has failed. She is to be rewarded for this?

    We have Hillary's entire life of corruption, detachment from law and rules and we know the results of her schemes and mistakes from a track record of failures writ large. Yet people are wailing and forecasting catastrophic doom through "crystal-ball speculation" as to "What might happen" with Trump?

    It's too late now, but if voters had been more serious in evaluation and selection of candidates and election of officials and re-election of incumbents who actually proved they cared for the general welfare of the nation and our people, we wouldn't be going sideways on this subject now.

    The fact we debate now the "Lesser of the Two Evils" is absurd. But what we now have is all we got. No other options at this point.

    Nope.......America today is not your fathers Oldsmobile. For sure.
    Last edited by Stevejet; 05-07-2016 at 03:49 AM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    NationalGunForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Ancient Gaseous Emanation Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sacramento area, CA
    Posts
    53,499

    Default

    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.

  6. #15
    Senior Member NGF Addict! rdc0311's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    You are aware that obamacare was overturned, defunded, killed by the GOP. Aren't you? The O-Hole vetoed the bill and since it takes a two-thirds majority to override a President's veto there weren't enough votes in the Senate to override his veto.


    Dunno if these fall into "America First" ideals but they sure ain't conservative.

    Trump has called for removal of the Republican Party plank against abortion.

    Trump has called for a nationwide, government-run, single payer, socialized medicine scheme.

    There's nothing "Conservative" about the current line up. That idea is out the window never to be seen again.

    IMO, we have a Globalist running as a democratic Socialist (Clinton), a Communist running as a Socialist (Sanders), and a Nationalist running with the promise of socialism (Trump).

    The common dominator is obvious.

  7. #16
    Senior Member NGF Addict!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    You are aware that obamacare was overturned, defunded, killed by the GOP. Aren't you? The O-Hole vetoed the bill and since it takes a two-thirds majority to override a President's veto there weren't enough votes in the Senate to override his veto.

    Yep and they knew going into that vote that it would fail. However as the O hole has shown time and time again there is always more than one way to skin a cat. I don't trust the GOP as far as I could throw it. It was a band aid move that did nothing more than look good on paper and they knew that was all it was going to be. In politics it is a question of what have you done for me lately. They took one shot that they knew would not work before they took it. Oh well see people, see how hard we tried? ------- Color me unimpressed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Dunno if these fall into "America First" ideals but they sure ain't conservative.

    Trump has called for removal of the Republican Party plank against abortion.
    Yeah it is a no win situation. You are not going to get anywhere running on an anti abortion plank. Removing the plank is quite a bit different than supporting abortion. Removing the plank is a political move designed for votes. Until the laws are changed and I agree they MUST be changed the law of the land is that abortion is legal. As president upholding the law is part of the job. Even if it is a law you don't like. NO ONE gets to pick and choose what laws they obey. ( That is part of why I am so unhappy with obama. )

    But before you can change the law you must get elected first... Politics 101.

    But assuming he is pro choice... That is one. There are pros and cons to everyone and everything. I mean I am a great guy. Kind, generous, handsome, witty, I never fart, I am just the complete paradigm of the American male.... but even I leave the occasional skid mark.

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Trump has called for a nationwide, government-run, single payer, socialized medicine scheme.
    What Trump has called for is an overthrow of Obama Care and a replacement for it using Health Spending Accounts. I have an HSA from work. The money that goes into it is mine as qualified money. ( My employer als contributes sort of like a 401K ) If I use that money for medical expenses then the money is not taxed but it is MY money and I can spend it on what ever I want after I pay taxes on anything that is not medical. If I leave my job the HSA goes with me. The money is mine.

    Something has to be done with health care. I know there are moochers in our society that given the choice between buying toys or health care will always opt for the toys because the hospital is obligated to treat a person even if they can not pay. I detest that concept but I am unwilling to change that rule. A kid with a broken arm should and must get treatment even if mom and dad are losers with cell phones and x-box but no health care. Other wise what kind of society are we?

    So health care is catch 22. We either provide health insurance or we pay more for our care to defray the cost of those who can't pay. $30 bucks for an aspirin? Nooo the way we have worked it was not working. So we try something else. Obamacare is not the answer. HSA seems like as good a place to try next as any.

    I can not accept the idea that if you can't pay you don't get treated. Right now as you read this somewhere in America a 6 or 7 year old is breaking a bone. That child needs treatment. If we ever get to the point where we become so heartless that we can say nope, sorry you can't pay you will have to leave. Get a few rags and tie some sticks to his arm... If we get to that point then we might as well pack it in. I am sure you agree.

    But again lets assume you are right about his health care plans.... That is two.

    Do you think Hillery is going to negotiate tough hard line America First with any one? Remember it was her husband that created NAFTA.
    Think she could or would stand up to Putin, or Kim Jong Uggg or Ahmadinajad ( SP? )
    What do you think will happen to the INS under Clinton
    Got coal? Got any sort of self sufficiency with energy?
    Think she will put a leash on the EPA?
    Think the 2A could survive?
    Got room in your neighborhood for Syrian refugees?
    You got investments. Think Wall Street will be untouched?
    With out employers you don't have employees. Think Clinton is going help business. She is owned by the unions.

    And on and on and on.

    Is Trump perfect... No... He is a clown I have said so many times. But the race is between Clinton and Trump. Anything that does not help Trump helps Clinton.

  8. #17
    Senior Member NGF Addict!
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    17,992

    Default

    To me, this election is only about denying the Clinton's another turn at the helm.

    Elect Trump or any other villain offered and we will endure and deal with that if and as it happens.

    Only fools in denial of Reality expect a presidential candidate to "save us". The quality and non-standards of our society as it exists today makes such a candidate impossible to even find. It is a choice of the "lesser evil". McCain and Romney and Bush proved that.

  9. #18
    Senior Member NGF Addict! Ziggidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ziggidyville
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    You are aware that obamacare was overturned, defunded, killed by the GOP. Aren't you? The O-Hole vetoed the bill and since it takes a two-thirds majority to override a President's veto there weren't enough votes in the Senate to override his veto.


    Dunno if these fall into "America First" ideals but they sure ain't conservative.

    Trump has called for removal of the Republican Party plank against abortion.

    Trump has called for a nationwide, government-run, single payer, socialized medicine scheme.
    Once again, not all that you say is truth, is truth.....

  10. #19
    Ancient Gaseous Emanation Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sacramento area, CA
    Posts
    53,499

    Default

    I post three easily verified facts.

    Siplace goes to great lengths and many words attempting to justify Trump's crony socialist beliefs and actions.

    Ziggidy calls me a liar.

    Neither can refute the facts.
    rdc0311 and Rivervalley0311 like this.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.

  11. #20
    Senior Member NGF Addict! rdc0311's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    I post three easily verified facts.

    Siplace goes to great lengths and many words attempting to justify Trump's crony socialist beliefs and actions.

    Ziggidy calls me a liar.

    Neither can refute the facts.

    LOL, in case you missed it are you aware you're a "democrat operative"?

    At least the "vote for trump because he isn't Clinton" group has a point. I'm simple amazed at the true believers at this point. There is a similar mentality with the hardcore left, loyalty before the truth.

    Here is the funny part, I haven't seen you suggest to anyone how they should vote. I know for a fact I haven't told anyone how to vote. I haven't seen anyone else that doesn't support trump suggest how others should vote. (this of course is after Cruz dropped out). All this poo throwing is over discussion of our individual positions. Only the pro trump group is calling the ones with opposing views liars and commie supporters.

    It's a good thing trump came out and said he doesn't care about unifying the party, because his supporters are not helping his cause.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)