Do you support the war? - Page 3
Advertise with us Click for Rates
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21
    Old School. NGF Addict!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    John Fl.
    Posts
    11,011

    Default Re: Do you support the war?

    Mr.Red-Rider the link is dead. :(



    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #22
    Chicago Pro-Gun Activist NGF Addict! bat1159man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tricounty Area - Illinois
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Do you support the war?

    Baldy, just tried the link and it made the connection. That was one funny cartoon!
    "On Iwo Island, Uncommon Valor was a Common Virtue" - Admiral Nimitz, March 16, 1945 on Marines fighting on Iwo Jima

    Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary.
    Gen. A. M. Gray, USMC Commandant of the Marine Corps

    "There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
    James Madison

  3. #23
    Senior Member red-rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NE Arkansas
    Posts
    957

    Default Re: Do you support the war?

    Glad you enjoyed it. I get a chuckle every time I see it.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    NationalGunForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    SpringfieldXD.40
    Guest

    Default Re: Do you support the war?

    Quote Originally Posted by red-rider
    Glad you enjoyed it. I get a chuckle every time I see it.
    yep....made me LMAO!

  6. #25
    Iron Maiden NGF Addict! SheNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    8,441

    Default Re: Do you support the war?

    A very erudite response Mr Bianchi, and one I agree with wholeheartedly, along with other views posted by other members.
    While I have a more emotional response based on the fact that I'm a woman - I cry every time I see something on TV about our troops being harmed - I do think we have to make a stand against a very determined enemy, an enemy that has accumulated centuries of hatred. Remember the crusades.... They do! But I do fear that no matter what we do in the middle east militarily, it will not end there, and the enmity felt for the West will continue unabated. We can unfortunately not be at war for ever, and as long as there is Christian, Muslim and Jew, there will always be this antagonism.

    A very good book on the subject is Karen Armstrong's "Holy War: The Crusades and their impact on today's world". It's an eye-opener, and well worth the read.............
    Of course I'm out of my mind! It's dark and scary in there.... Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  7. #26
    Harley Dude NGF Addict! sig232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    14,651

    Default Re: Do you support the war?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheNine
    A very erudite response Mr Bianchi, and one I agree with wholeheartedly, along with other views posted by other members.
    While I have a more emotional response based on the fact that I'm a woman - I cry every time I see something on TV about our troops being harmed - I do think we have to make a stand against a very determined enemy, an enemy that has accumulated centuries of hatred. Remember the crusades.... They do! But I do fear that no matter what we do in the middle east militarily, it will not end there, and the enmity felt for the West will continue unabated. We can unfortunately not be at war for ever, and as long as there is Christian, Muslim and Jew, there will always be this antagonism.

    A very good book on the subject is Karen Armstrong's "Holy War: The Crusades and their impact on today's world". It's an eye-opener, and well worth the read.............

    Now thats a book I need to read.

    I agree with your assessment above and do think there will be a world war to deal with the inability of Islam to accept other religions. I just don't think it is possible to avoid unless there is a major change it their thinking within the next 25-50 years.



    Hidden Content
    Patriot Guards
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Harley Softail Deluxe 2005





    "We may never win the battle for Gun Rights, but, as long as we keep fighting, neither will we ever lose it." Jeff Cooper.

  8. #27
    Iron Maiden NGF Addict! SheNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    8,441

    Default Re: Do you support the war?

    Quote Originally Posted by sig232
    I agree with your assessment above and do think there will be a world war to deal with the inability of Islam to accept other religions. I just don't think it is possible to avoid unless there is a major change it their thinking within the next 25-50 years.
    Unfortunately I think it is not just Islam that is to blame.... RELIGION is to blame! The worldwide phenomena of culture and religion being so tighly bound to each other is what causes a lot of the tension.

    I have been a lifelong student of comparative religion, and if you look at the history of the world, there have been more wars, deaths and destruction in the name of religion than any other reason. Mankind needs to stop trying to create a world where everyone thinks and believes the same. It will never work. There has to be acceptance and allowance for others to have their culture and beliefs within their own space.......
    Of course I'm out of my mind! It's dark and scary in there.... Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  9. #28
    whompuss
    Guest

    Default Re: Do you support the war?

    The military genius of the 20th century said "may God have mercy on my enemy because I sure as hell won't"
    Gen George Patton

    Like was said earlier, get the news media and politicians out of the way and send a kick-ass general to do the job right,

  10. #29
    Mike Barham
    Guest

    Default Re: Do you support the war?

    Quote Originally Posted by whompuss
    The military genius of the 20th century said "may God have mercy on my enemy because I sure as hell won't"
    Gen George Patton

    Like was said earlier, get the news media and politicians out of the way and send a kick-ass general to do the job right,
    You hear a lot about allowing the troops to "take the gloves off" and "kick ass" and all that, but what does that mean exactly? We kill the enemy when we can identify him as such - normally when he shoots at us or tries to blow us up. Unfortunately, he blends in perfectly with the non-combatant population when he's not fighting, since he wears no uniform.

    "Taking the gloves off" or "kicking ass" would mean either invading more countries (like Pakistan, for example) or killing scores of non-combatants to get to our enemies. We can't really handle the two fronts we have open now, never mind opening a third or fourth. And I certainly don't want to wipe out whole villages of Afghans just to kill a couple Taliban who are hiding there.

    This war will not be won just by killing the enemy. It's not like Patton's WWII - it's just not that simple.

  11. #30
    eXXit
    Guest

    Default Re: Do you support the war?

    Whos War was it??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)