Self imposed Distracted driving is the violation of other people rights and safety.
Advertise with us Click for Rates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Self imposed Distracted driving is the violation of other people rights and safety.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    173

    Arrg Self imposed Distracted driving is the violation of other people rights and safety.

    Distracted driving is also SELFISH TO THE EXTREME and takes away the rights of others and and harms others.

    Minnesota just enacted a hands off smartphone law not a lot of hood its doing from first hand knowledge and the proof imprinted on the rear of my home on wheels!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I am getting sick and tired of people thinking that they are exercising their rights when in fact they are being flat out obnoxiously selfish infringing on the rights of people around them and putting their safety at risk. Its become such a problem that I personally have now been rear ended twice in less than 3 years.
    The second one happened last night

    There was absolutely no excuse for it. between the time I stopped and the time I was hit was 3-4 seconds where the driver that rear-ended me was doing 35-45 miles an hour in a 40zone but most drivers do 5 miles above that. NOT ME. (everyone constantly passing me despite my being on the speed limit. ) I was turning right into a business driveway where a tandem bike with a couple where about to cross on the side walk. SO they had right away regarding respecting every ones rights. I stopped as to respect their rights and not endanger them. but the SELFISH TO THE EXTREME my rights trumps all others driver , behind me is driving distracted for more than 100-200ft and slams into the rear of my van. , Tandem bike was moving slow. Thus why I was not off the street before he got to me.

    If not for my hitch on my van I would be looking for a tree right now to put a noose over, for me.(<<<<expression of the level of frustration, not a danger to self I am not wired like other people due to the harm being done to me starting so young that to me its normal ) People violating my rights and causing me extreme harm is putting me in the proverbial noose who the people around me have hung over the yea old oak tree.

    You folks that think you have the right to do what ever you want need to stop and think long and hard about your ways. Your rights do NOT extend to harming others or putting their safety at risk because you think its more important to talk to your wife or kids on the phone rather than concentrate on driving and sharing the road and not endangering other people with your stupidity SELFISH TO THE EXTREME behavior.

    I also got minor whiplash injury and the impact also destroyed by seat permanently bending it back by 20-30 degrees that it has to be replaced with a non existing part. I wound up in the ER 2-3 hours after the collision.

    I need you folks to be mindful that your rights do not extend to risking harm towards others. the next driver that hits me and totals my van might as well put a bullet in my brain pan I can not survive without a modified van in a state with wide weather fluctuation. I don't have the resources to pay for the mistakes of others SELFISH TO THE EXTREME behavior that violates people rights around them.

  2. #2
    Ancient Gaseous Emanation Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sacramento area, CA
    Posts
    52,136

    Default

    I'm sorry you were involved in an automobile accident that was not(?) your fault. Be thankful you were wearing pants and underwear at the time or being 'rear-ended' would have really given you something to holler about.

    Do you have insurance? Does the other party have automobile insurance? Were the police called? If so, whom do they say is responsible?

    Oh yeah. They are called 'accidents' and not 'on purposes' for a reason.
    fixitfred and Fitasc Shooter like this.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.

  3. #3
    Senior Member NGF Addict! AgedWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northwest Iowa
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Sorry to hear you got rear ended! Accidents are often caused by negligence, but infringing on your rights? And, I have to ask, are you really lecturing the members here because of the negligence of some other person? Since it sounds like you are lecturing, let me just say from my perspective, I did not hurt you or cause you harm, nor do I desire injury on your part. Do not lecture me! I did not cause you injury and I have never ‘infringed on your rights.’
    Popeye and fixitfred like this.
    Knowing when and how...

  4. Remove Advertisements
    NationalGunForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Ancient Gaseous Emanation Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sacramento area, CA
    Posts
    52,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgedWarrior View Post
    Sorry to hear you got rear ended! Accidents are often caused by negligence, but infringing on your rights? And, I have to ask, are you really lecturing the members here because of the negligence of some other person? Since it sounds like you are lecturing, let me just say from my perspective, I did not hurt you or cause you harm, nor do I desire injury on your part. Do not lecture me! I did not cause you injury and I have never ‘infringed on your rights.’
    Also, not being involved in a traffic accident doesn't qualify as a Right.
    AgedWarrior likes this.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Northeast Oklahoma
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Also, not being involved in a traffic accident doesn't qualify as a Right.
    I was going to agree with you on the basis that only government can infringe on a right but that's not true. I have the right to own property. If you trespass or take my property you have violated that right.

    I have the right to life. If I shoot a home invader, it is because I have a right to life and it's not the government infringing that right.

    So, based on those ideas, and that I have a right to be a place without being assaulted, I'd say it's my right to not have someone drive into the back of me.

  7. #6
    Senior Member NGF Addict! AgedWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northwest Iowa
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levant View Post
    I was going to agree with you on the basis that only government can infringe on a right but that's not true. I have the right to own property. If you trespass or take my property you have violated that right.

    I have the right to life. If I shoot a home invader, it is because I have a right to life and it's not the government infringing that right.

    So, based on those ideas, and that I have a right to be a place without being assaulted, I'd say it's my right to not have someone drive into the back of me.
    More like trespassing or stealing. Yes, we have a right to life. A vehicular accident is not assault (unless it is proven intentional) or infringing on your rights...it is a vehicular accident!
    Knowing when and how...

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgedWarrior View Post
    Sorry to hear you got rear ended! Accidents are often caused by negligence, but infringing on your rights? And, I have to ask, are you really lecturing the members here because of the negligence of some other person? Since it sounds like you are lecturing, let me just say from my perspective, I did not hurt you or cause you harm, nor do I desire injury on your part. Do not lecture me! I did not cause you injury and I have never ‘infringed on your rights.’
    When you deliberately engage in a behavior that puts the safety of others at risk. Like texting to wife rather than focusing on driving to ensure you don't hit anyone is infringing on the rights of the people around you because things like my rear-ending happen. That would never have a happened if you were not texting to wife.
    My rights were infringed because I had a right to drive in peace and get to the destination safely without being hit by a person who deliberatly chose to distract themselves by doing something other than driving

    Do you text while driving? if not your not infringing on rights of others. And why would you be getting upset? I did not say you did me harm I am saying when you engage in this kind of choice you put other people around in harms way that infringes on their rights.
    Last edited by Gimp; 09-15-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    Levant likes this.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Also, not being involved in a traffic accident doesn't qualify as a Right.
    getting from point a to point b alive and intact with property intact is part of pursuit of happiness. thus makes it a right not to be harmed by other people negligence and bad choices
    g
    Levant likes this.

  10. #9
    Keep calm & return fire NGF Addict! Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside of Philly
    Posts
    7,755

    Default

    Just gonna leave this here for the OP...
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Popeye, Mike Weber and Coalcracker like this.
    People crushed by laws, have no hope but to evade power. If the laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to the law; and those who have most to hope and nothing to lose will always be dangerous.
    -Edmund Burke

  11. #10
    Senior Member square target2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Plattsburgh, N.Y.
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Well hey we can agree on something! You will not find someone who hates texting and driving more than me.
    Coalcracker and Levant like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)