hiya, folks new boy in town
Advertise with us Click for Rates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: hiya, folks new boy in town

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Chickasha, OK
    Posts
    3

    Laughing hiya, folks new boy in town

    One of my fun hobbies is writing short stories. I have new one I just got done with. Am I welcome to post it here? Would OT be good place to share a fun little adventure story or even a joke now and then?
    Torpedo likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member NGF Addict! fixitfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Metro Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,656

    Default Greetings And Welcome To The Forum

    Howdy, This is primarily a gun forum. It would be hard for me to think of you as a serious writer by your first post.
    Alabusa likes this.
    NRA 5 year+ member -- at my age that may be a life membership. My son is a life member.
    Si vis pacem para bellum -- If you seek peace, prepare for war.
    Proud Infidel كافر

  3. #3
    Aim true ! NGF Addict! Coalcracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pa. Coal Regions.
    Posts
    8,993

    Default

    I think Mr Preston is back.
    Member of
    NRA
    GOA
    Firearms Owners Against Crime


    "A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box"

  4. Remove Advertisements
    NationalGunForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Chickasha, OK
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fixitfred View Post
    Howdy, This is primarily a gun forum. It would be hard for me to think of you as a serious writer by your first post.
    No, sir. I'm not a serious writer just a literary hobbyist. I have nothing copyrighted and make no money at it. It's a fiction story but guns, crime and law enforcement do have much to do with the plot. It seems as it might fit well in OFF-TOPIC if nowhere else. It's not long-winded at only between 1,9oo and 2,ooo words. I wouldn't want to post it there unless it's OK with the mods. I feel gun enthusiasts still might get a "bang" out of my tale!!
    Last edited by fitzsimmons; 02-08-2020 at 03:39 PM.

  6. #5
    Senior Member NGF Addict! Stamps6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northern NJ.
    Posts
    4,465

    Default

    gvaldeg1 and Ziggidy like this.

  7. #6
    Ancient Gaseous Emanation Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sacramento area, CA
    Posts
    53,495

    Default

    Greetings and Salutations.

    Post it in Off Topic. Mods will decide if it fits, among other things.
    Wag likes this.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.

  8. #7
    Senior Member NGF Addict! square target2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Plattsburgh, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,143

    Default

    He's like that dry skin itch, just won't go away.
    gvaldeg1 likes this.
    And armed man is a free man, a disarmed man is a slave.

    Epstein didn't kill himself.

  9. #8
    Keep calm & return fire NGF Addict! Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside of Philly
    Posts
    9,633

    Default

    This guy is like herpes...He just won't go away.
    gvaldeg1 likes this.
    People crushed by laws, have no hope but to evade power. If the laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to the law; and those who have most to hope and nothing to lose will always be dangerous.
    -Edmund Burke

  10. #9
    AZHerper NGF Addict! gvaldeg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzsimmons View Post
    No, sir. I'm not a serious writer just a literary hobbyist. I have nothing copyrighted and make no money at it. It's a fiction story but guns, crime and law enforcement do have much to do with the plot. It seems as it might fit well in OFF-TOPIC if nowhere else. It's not long-winded at only between 1,9oo and 2,ooo words. I wouldn't want to post it there unless it's OK with the mods. I feel gun enthusiasts still might get a "bang" out of my tale!!
    Consider that it should be OK with the "regulars" not just the "mods". I' saying...NO don't post it. I'm already getting a funny feeling about you. This site has been besieged by trolls lately or at least one troll under many guises.
    NRA MEMBER

  11. #10
    Keep calm & return fire NGF Addict! Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside of Philly
    Posts
    9,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gvaldeg1 View Post
    Consider that it should be OK with the "regulars" not just the "mods". I' saying...NO don't post it. I'm already getting a funny feeling about you. This site has been besieged by trolls lately or at least one troll under many guises.
    He's already banned my friend.
    People crushed by laws, have no hope but to evade power. If the laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to the law; and those who have most to hope and nothing to lose will always be dangerous.
    -Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)