The cougar should be properly managed all over America. - Page 4
Advertise with us Click for Rates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The cougar should be properly managed all over America.

  1. #31
    Super Moderator NGF Addict!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Goliad, Texas
    Posts
    13,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgedWarrior View Post
    I get your point, and I agree, but the image of a pack of chihuahuas got me laughing...love it! Those little guys tend to think they are the baddest on the block anyway.
    You ain't been treed till you've been treed by a pack off those things. The crazy lady next door has five of them. I can't go in the back yard without the most Gawdawful racket setting up back there. And then she comes out and squawles at them to shut up. It's enough to drive me up a tree I tell you!


    Alan
    AgedWarrior, Northtidesix and Wag like this.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-Thomas Jefferson

  2. #32
    Wag
    Wag is offline
    Super Moderator Wag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    10,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    You ain't been treed till you've been treed by a pack off those things. The crazy lady next door has five of them. I can't go in the back yard without the most Gawdawful racket setting up back there. And then she comes out and squawles at them to shut up. It's enough to drive me up a tree I tell you!


    Alan
    I have a pack of three. They can really holler up a storm. Cats don't have a chance in this yard, even though most of the neighborhood toms weigh more than all three of these mini-wolves combined. Truly a ton of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by AgedWarrior View Post
    I get your point, and I agree, but the image of a pack of chihuahuas got me laughing...love it! Those little guys tend to think they are the baddest on the block anyway.


    --Wag--
    Northtidesix and AgedWarrior like this.
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    19

    Default

    There has been 2 taken from the timber here in S.E.Iowa around me this last year. I spotted one in a tree next to my dog pen one evening but it left when I put light on it. Have not seen one since. But in town, I am 2 miles out, they have pictures of a female and 2 youngsters walking through back yards. My neighbor lost a goat about a week after I seen the one in a tree but have never found where it may have died. But I do not take the dogs out anymore at night without being armed with a rifle.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    NationalGunForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Senior Member NGF Addict! AgedWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northwest Iowa
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
    There has been 2 taken from the timber here in S.E.Iowa around me this last year. I spotted one in a tree next to my dog pen one evening but it left when I put light on it. Have not seen one since. But in town, I am 2 miles out, they have pictures of a female and 2 youngsters walking through back yards. My neighbor lost a goat about a week after I seen the one in a tree but have never found where it may have died. But I do not take the dogs out anymore at night without being armed with a rifle.
    There has been one confirmed sighting and a few rumored here in NW Iowa. I am guessing that if one was spotted (stalking calves) there are more as yet unseen.
    Knowing when and how...

  6. #35
    Senior Member NGF Addict! Northtidesix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    South Texas farm.
    Posts
    7,776

    Default

    A couple of the "Off the grid" YouTubers have trail camera photos of cougars in Eastern Oklahoma. These contributors all have small goat herds. They think the cats are responsible for the missing doeling and buckling goats on their farms. I wouldn't be a bit surprised.
    NRA Life member since 1982

    Life is tough. It is tougher if you are STUPID

    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. Winston Churchill
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

  7. #36
    Ancient Gaseous Emanation Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sacramento area, CA
    Posts
    52,400

    Default

    I jave no problems with predators... until they interfere with my livelihood or my safety. Then they gotta go. "Proper management" be damned.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)