Best Sig Sauer for Conceal Carry?
Advertise with us Click for Rates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best Sig Sauer for Conceal Carry?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default Best Sig Sauer for Conceal Carry?

    I will be purchasing my first gun soon for conceal carry.
    What, in your opinion, is the best Sig Sauer pistol to conceal carry and WHY? I am female.. If that's any consellation.

  2. #2
    Senior Member NGF Addict! BOB/MO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    7,254

    Default

    Get the .380 Sig,they speak in Quality and are easy to conceal.
    "A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
    - Frederick Douglass

    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
    - Luke 11:21

  3. #3
    Senior Member NGF Addict!
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    Hi
    Welcome to this forum.


    You need to find a dealer that has a selection and see what suits you.
    If you can try them out even better.
    Single action - P938 is very nice


    Double action - P290 is very nice

    I see they have a new version out 290RS-9-BSS-ORB


    Should be fun looking at the different models up close and personal.
    Last edited by underdog; 03-18-2014 at 01:22 PM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    NationalGunForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Grand Imperial Poobah NGF Addict! Mad Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    20,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmend.Girl View Post
    I will be purchasing my first gun soon for conceal carry.
    What, in your opinion, is the best Sig Sauer pistol to conceal carry and WHY? I am female.. If that's any consellation.
    Congratulations on your upcoming purchase!

    The Sig P238 (.380ACP), P938 (9mm) and P232 (.380ACP) are small pistols that are fairly easy to carry concealed. I would recommend the P938 over the others because it is chambered for 9mm ammunition. The .380ACP ammo is very hard to find right now and the 9mm is a more powerful round that can stop an attacker. If you think the 9mm would have too much recoil, I would then choose the P238 over the P232, because I don't care of the magazine release on the P232 and the magazine must be manually pulled from the grip frame, instead of simply falling out with the press of a button.

    If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking solely at Sig Sauer? Which is a very good choice, I'm just curious.

    Also, my suggestions are assuming you will be conceal carrying on your person and not in a purse. If you will be carrying in your purse (which is dangerous due to the possibly of your purse being snatched) you could carry a larger pistol.
    BOB/MO likes this.
    Hidden Content



    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington, the first President of the United States (1789-1797)

  6. #5
    Ancient Gaseous Emanation Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sacramento area, CA
    Posts
    53,499

    Default

    Many things must factor into concealed carry handgun choice. All are important.

    You do not tell us your physical size nor your build type. This must factor into your concealed handgun choice.

    You do not tell us your primary way of carrying; on body (IWB, OWB, shoulder rig, ankle holster, etc.), off body (purse, fanny pack, etc.) This too is important.

    You do not tell us if you venture into (for whatever reasons) 'iffy' areas.

    You do not tell us your experience with firearms (handguns in particular).
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.

  7. #6
    Ancient Gaseous Emanation Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sacramento area, CA
    Posts
    53,499

    Default

    Most any SIG-Sauer pistol will make a fine choice for a concealed carry weapon. Determining which model will best fit your needs depends on your answers to the above questions.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.

  8. #7
    Grand Imperial Poobah NGF Addict! Mad Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    20,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Many things must factor into concealed carry handgun choice. All are important.

    You do not tell us your physical size nor your build type. This must factor into your concealed handgun choice.

    You do not tell us your primary way of carrying; on body (IWB, OWB, shoulder rig, ankle holster, etc.), off body (purse, fanny pack, etc.) This too is important.

    You do not tell us if you venture into (for whatever reasons) 'iffy' areas.

    You do not tell us your experience with firearms (handguns in particular).

    Popeye brought up an extremely good point, that I forgot to mention. If you don't have much experience with firearms, PLEASE take a handgun (preferably an NRA) safety class, before or shortly after you make your purchase. The information you can learn is well worth the price. And please practice with your firearm in a safe environment often ...... safe accurate shooting is a skill that needs to be practiced.
    Hidden Content



    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington, the first President of the United States (1789-1797)

  9. #8
    Senior Member NGF Addict! hog1935's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    1,094

    Default

    The Sig is a good choice except the one I looked at was single action. That means you will have to carry cocked and locked or you will have to chamber a round before you can fire it. I would suggest you look at a Ruger lc 380. The slide is easy to use and the recoil is light so you can enjoy shooting it. Some will say its too light a caliber but you should be able to hit what you shoot at.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Many things must factor into concealed carry handgun choice. All are important.

    You do not tell us your physical size nor your build type. This must factor into your concealed handgun choice.

    You do not tell us your primary way of carrying; on body (IWB, OWB, shoulder rig, ankle holster, etc.), off body (purse, fanny pack, etc.) This too is important.

    You do not tell us if you venture into (for whatever reasons) 'iffy' areas.

    You do not tell us your experience with firearms (handguns in particular).
    OK.
    I am not fat nor am I a stick. I consider myself pretty average.
    The way I carry? Well I'm a woman therefore it will depend in what I am wearing. If I am wearing a dress or skirt...thigh holster..
    If I am wearing jeans...IWB.
    I am also considering flashbang and belly band just to see how I like them.
    I don't plan on going to 'iffy' areas and I don't have the most firearm experience nor do I have the least. I have the most experience with Glock 26 and m&p compact.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    Congratulations on your upcoming purchase!

    The Sig P238 (.380ACP), P938 (9mm) and P232 (.380ACP) are small pistols that are fairly easy to carry concealed. I would recommend the P938 over the others because it is chambered for 9mm ammunition. The .380ACP ammo is very hard to find right now and the 9mm is a more powerful round that can stop an attacker. If you think the 9mm would have too much recoil, I would then choose the P238 over the P232, because I don't care of the magazine release on the P232 and the magazine must be manually pulled from the grip frame, instead of simply falling out with the press of a button.

    If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking solely at Sig Sauer? Which is a very good choice, I'm just curious.

    Also, my suggestions are assuming you will be conceal carrying on your person and not in a purse. If you will be carrying in your purse (which is dangerous due to the possibly of your purse being snatched) you could carry a larger pistol.
    I'm looking more towards 9mm. I have looked into P938 and the P250.
    I am not look solely towards Sig Sauer, I just don't know much about them and want as many opinions as I can get.

    I will absolutely NEVER EVER carry in a purse.
    IWB, Flashbang, Thigh, Belly Band are my options I am considering at this point.
    BOB/MO likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Search tags for this page

    best concealed carry sig sauer
    ,
    best sig concealed carry
    ,
    best sig for carry
    ,

    best sig for concealed carry

    ,

    best sig sauer for concealed carry

    ,
    best sig sauer to conceal
    ,
    sig sauer best concealed carry
    Click on a term to search for related topics.

    Tags for this Thread