Instructions for Disassembly of the Sharps-Borchardt Action
1. Turn out forearm screws (15) and remove forearm.
2. Turn out lever spring screw (16) and remove lever spring.
3. With finger lever down and action open, turn finger lever pin lock screw (on left side of receiver) and remove lock screw. Drive out the lever pin to the left to release finger lever from the receiver.
4. Line up the (21) finger lever link screw with the hole in the lower left side of the breech block extension and turn screw out. Finger lever can then be removed from the action.
5. The breech block can now be removed by pushing it up through the top of receiver (the striker must remain in the cocked position). be very careful pushing breech block out that the firing pin does not disengage. It may be necessary to employ a rod through the underside of the receiver to help push the breech block out.
6. Reassemble in reverse order. To aid in replacing the breech block into the receiver the extractor should be held temporarily in place by the (20) finger lever pin. As you push the block into the receiver it is important to pull back on trigger which pushes the (24) sear bar forward so the sear lever will be in a position to slide into the sear bar. If you allow the sear lever to go in front of the sear bar you will then have to remove (2) main spring retainer cap and (4) main spring. Doing this will allow you to get the (9) striker in the cocked position so you can push the block out of the receiver without damaging the striker pin.
Source: Single Shot Rifles And Actions, by Frank de Haas published 1969